Develop and produce motion picture content for any medium such as the big screen, the small screen, handheld devices, the web, video installations, and more
SELECT A PROGRAM
AVAILABLE IN UNITED STATES
Digital Film Bachelor of Applied Science
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Film is an intensive practical and theoretical course of study that provides students with the knowledge and skills to shape visual media design and creation.
Students attending this program learn both the technical and creative components of film and video production and the business principles and practices of the entertainment industry. This is a hands-on, collaborative project-based program culminating in a major capstone project that draws upon the range of knowledge and skills learned throughout the program.
Students in the Digital Film Bachelor's of Applied Science Program should learn to:
- Conceive, plan, execute and deliver film content that meets project objectives.
- Integrate historical, critical and theoretical principles in filmmaking practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency with filmmaking equipment, software and workflows.
- Apply skills in filmmaking to specific audiences, content areas, and distribution platforms.
- Collaborate with others to effectively plan and execute a range of creative projects.
- Analyze, evaluate, and critique film content.
- Demonstrate creative and technical problem-solving ability.
- Exhibit professional etiquette skills.
- Demonstrate effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective analytical problem-solving and critical thinking skills, using the scientific method where appropriate.
- Locate, retrieve, and evaluate information using appropriate research tools.
Bachelor's of Applied Science in Digital Film
- Emeryville, CA
Technical and Professional Skills
- Film Production
- Mobile Media
- Media Post Production
- Grip and Lighting
- Project Planning and Management
- Title Design
- Storytelling Techniques
- Funding and Distribution
- Professional Life Skills
Your learning experience
In support of our mission, SAE Institute seeks to:
- Maintain curricula that reflect industry-standard best practices to prepare students for entry-level employment in the creative media and entertainment industries
- Employ qualified, experienced, professional faculty who facilitate learning
- Deliver curriculum through practice-based activities, guided discussions, and real world assessments, providing students opportunity to apply what they are learning toward professional preparation and development
- Foster lifelong and self-directed learning through student reflection and peer critique
- Support professional growth of graduates through lifetime career services
- Create a student-centered, collaborative classroom environment in which students are active participants in the learning process
SAE Institute teaches using a Student-centered Active Education design that promotes learning through practical experiences that replicate common professional competencies.
The Digital Film program is classified using the United States Department of Labor’s Standard Occupational Classification to results in the careers fields of Producers and Directors – Stage, Motion Pictures, Television and Radio (SOC Code 27-2012), Camera Operators, Television, Video and Motion Picture (SOC Code 27-4031), and Film and Video Editors (SOC Code 27-4032). Graduates of the Digital Film program will learn skills to be prepare for entry-level positions in such careers as: Production Assistant, Production Manager, Producer, Grip, Camera Operator, Videographer, Script Supervisor, Assistant Director, Editor/Assistant Editor, Post-Production Coordinator, Casting Director, Location Manager, Runner, Production Designer, or Art Director.
Graduates of the Digital Film Program will learn skills applicable to the following industries: Film Production, Television, Commercials/Advertising, Corporate Media, Mobile Media, or Media Post Production.
Enroll By: 14 May 2018
Start Date: 14 May 2018
End Date: 18 Dec 2020
For entry requirements, please see our Admissions section.
Fees and Payments
|Estimated Cost of Textbooks:||$1,000.00|
Tuition may be paid by cash, check, money order, or bank transfer. SAE Expression College also offers monthly payment plans with no interest or finance charges. These payments comply with state and federal requirements.
Class sizes are limited to maximize individual attention. Please refer to the campus catalog for specific class times or contact the campus to determine class time availability. Not all class times are offered every semester. Students also attend practical lab sessions, and these hours are scheduled on an individual basis during hours of school operation, and the maximum number of students is based on the number of available stations. Extra lab time may be reserved without additional charge, subject to availability. Students may also be required to attend seminars/workshops for specific courses. Please refer to the Workshop Component section in the course catalog for details.