Learn and practice the fundamentals of art, animation design, and visual effects (VFX)
SELECT A PROGRAM
AVAILABLE IN UNITED STATES
Animation & Visual Effects Bachelor of Applied Science
The Animation & Visual Effects Bachelor's Degree program focuses on the foundations of visual effects, designed to get the student into the field in as few is 32 months.
Each academic year you'll be immersed in project-based, hands-on courses while gradually accruing your general education requirements.
Freshman Year: Mathematical Concepts, Drawing Bootcamp, Design Basics, Media Sound & Visual 1
Sophomore Year: Concept & Imaging, Compositing 1, 3D Modeling 1, Concept Art, Introduction to Animation
Junior Year: Current Industry Techniques, Dynamic Effects, Motion Studies, Character Rigging, Creative Pre-Production
Senior Year: Animation Body Mechanics, Facial Animation & Lip Sync, Live Action Compositing, Reel Production, Popular Culture
Bachelor's of Applied Science students will be required to complete 36 credits of General Education classes including: Communications & Critical Thinking, Mathematical Concepts, American History, Creative Writing, and more.
Bachelor's of Applied Science Degree in Animation & Visual Effects
- Emeryville, CA
Technical and Professional Skills
- Motion Capture
- Texture and Lighting
- 2D Animation
- Video Editing
- Live Action Film
- Visual Effects
- Architectural/Interior Visualization
- Science and Medical Simulation
- Virtual Reality
- Forensic Visualization
- Concept Art
- Professional Life Skills
Your learning experience
- A common core curriculum providing you with instruction in digital media literacy and 21st century design.
- Work with artists, designers, web, mobile and games developers, film makers, and animators.
- Build your knowledge and skills on, and have access to, industry standard equipment.
- Be part of a team that nurtures your talents, and encourages you to reach your learning potential.
- Practical training in digital video, audio, and design paired with guided development such as critical thinking, résumé writing, and job interview practice.
- Create a series of projects and assets throughout the program specially developed to demonstrate knowledge to prospective employers.
- Rotoscope Artist
- Rotoscope Technician
- Matchmove Technician
- Lighting Artist
- Look Development Artist
- Effects Arts
- 3D Artist
- 3D Modeler
- Concept Artist
- Character Artist
- Hard Surface Modeler
- Environment Artist
- Render Wrangler/Manager
- CG Artist
- Character Rigger
- Technical Director
- Texture Artist
- Matte Painter
- Shading Artist
- Motion Capture Technician
- Level Designer
- Quality Assurance
- Production Assistant